West Bengal Valuation Board (A Statutory Body under Urban Development and Municipal Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal)
Composition of the Board
As per Section 5 of the West Bengal Valuation Board Act,1978 (as amended), the Board consists of Chairman, who is an officer of the State Government not below the rank of Secretary including ex-officio Secretary, plus four other members appointed by the State Government, including Director of Local Bodies, Govt. of West Bengal as ex-officio member and such other officers of the State Govt. or non-official experts, having knowledge and experience in the fields of Judiciary, Engineering, Valuation and Assessment of Properties, Economics or Social Science.
The Board Consists of :-
- Shri Nihar Ranjan Banerjee, I.A.S (Retd.), Chairman, West Bengal Valuation Board
- Shri Sagar Nath Sinha, W.B.C.S (Exe.), Director of Local Bodies (in-charge)
- Shri Amit Das, Chief Engineer, Municipal Engineering Directorate
- Smt. Suparna Das Ahamed, I.A.S, Member Secretary
- Shri Ajoy Dey, Chairman, Santipur Municipality
The Board has a Member Secretary who is appointed by the State Government who acts as the Chief Executive Officer of the Board.